Illusive French techno DJ Gesaffelstein has reemerged from the shadows to preview a banging new single titled ‘Icia’. The track came out a matter of days after we posted a MISSING poster. Coincidence? No.. Actually, I can’t help myself, we clearly have to take credit for this.
The song is hard and abrasive with a big kick and a vocal hook that’s been tuned by that evil bastard Gesaff (he’s probably pretty nice) in a way to send you into hypnosis. It features on the ‘INTERZONE’ compilation on Zone Records – Gesaffelstein and The Hackers own imprint and actually features some Australian talent. Amongst heavy hitters including The Hacker, Maelstrom and DJ Hell comes a cracker of a track from locals Jensen Interceptor and Kris Baha dubbed ‘Out There On The Ice’.
A pleasant descriptor for the ‘INTERZONE’ compilation lays it out; ”The hard-to-pin-down sound ranges from futuristic electro to punky machine music via intense techno. It has always been that way thanks to the vision of co-founders Alex Reynaud, David Rimokh and The Hacker.”
Check the ‘INTERZONE’ tracklisting below;
1. Miss Kittin – Intro 01:06
2. Alessandro Adriani – Control Machine (WSB vocal mix) 04:34
3. The Hacker – Nano Technology 04:47 video
4. Maelstrom – Est 03:16
5. Cardopusher – Slow Heal 04:38
6. The Populists – Ultraviolet 06:39
7. In Aeternam Vale – Milky Way 08:51
8. Commuter – Flash Burst 04:24
9. Gesaffelstein – ICIA 03:55
10. Jensen Interceptor & Kris Baha – Out there on the Ice 06:14
11. Djedjotronic – Zonorama 05:01
12. Miss Kittin – Zone 05:07
13. David Carretta – Nuit Panic 05:13
14. Dj Hell – We Live We Die 06:58
15. Millimetric – Neowave 04:48
16. Hyperstellar – Monarchy 07:08
The song isn’t up on streaming services. The only place you can hear it is on YouTube (which we’ve linked below) and Bandcamp, both have got our tick of approval.
This is the first time we’ve heard any musique techno since Columbia Records swooped him up and gave him some big profile blokes and sheilas to collaborate with, like Haim, The Weeknd and Pharrell Williams.