What started out as a simple ‘Shuffle’ feature has now turned into something a bit more earnest and appealing with Moguai curating not 5 but a whole 9 tracks alongside an audio run-down and video for each.
The Germans brand of big-room electro has leant towards his signing to Deadmau5’s own imprint Mau5trap and has helped surface him as a go-to for thumping originals and in-demand remix duties.
A dance artist commissioned to playfully produce not one but two full-length albums in just as many years? Plainly put it just doesn’t happen with the exception of the German specialist.
What makes an EDM star tick though?
We find out nine tracks that bore the future fruits for this clever and real producer.
Audio: Moguai explains his love for each track
1. Prince – Purple Rain: The best record ever made.
2. Falco – Der Kommisar: My sister influenced me a lot in my taste of music. She heard this song so often in the eighties and I bought the single. I think I was 12 J
3. Phil Collins – You can´t hurry love: Because it was the first record, I danced to.
4. Ben Westbeech – Get Closer: This track is just enjoyable, always puts a smile on my face!
5. Underworld – Rez: I usually don´t go to afterhours, or afterparties.. but if i do, this is the sound i´d like to hear.. still such an amazing track
6. Desmond Deller & The Aces – Israelites: One of my favourite tracks of my Mod / Ska period, reminds me of scooterruns..
7. The Meteors – Wrecking crew: Truly the Kings of Psychobilly!
8. New Order – Blue Monday: Timeless record, one of my alltime favs!
9. Dial M for Moguai – Beatbox: This was my first chart hit in Germany, with a solid “late-90s-EDM-music-video”! After that one I decided to drop my studies in law, and make a living of producing music!
His sophomore album ‘Mpire’ careens forward in an progressive electronic manner, its got the high’s and its got the low’s, the breakdowns and big drops, it’s everything you’d ever want and more and is out today!