Make music? Here’s how to make sure you’re getting paid!

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. That's cool! We get it :)
You can support us by sharing this story or following us on Facebook.

Back to Top

Make music? Here’s how to make sure you’re getting paid!

Being an artist is a constant struggle of getting recognised and in turn getting that hard earned cheddar for the work you do. Too many people are willing to take a track and flog it without artists getting their 2c (and more), but now there’s a way to get money for your blood, sweat and tunes.

There are a few organisations looking out for the rights of musicians, so locking into those groups is what you’ve got to do to make your life easier (and a step towards upgrading that laptop or guitar).

The biggie doing the heavy lifting in Australia is a company called PPCA who have been around a cool 50 plus years and know a thing or two about the rights of musicians and getting businesses to understand the value in what you do.

What PPCA do is grant licences for the broadcast, communication or public playing of recorded music (e.g. CDs, records and digital downloads) or music videos. They then distribute the licence fees they collect to the record labels and Australian recording artists registered with them.

The brand currently licences over 55,000 venues Australia-wide, including clubs, hotels, bars, restaurants, fitness centres, shops, halls and dance studios and also grant licences to radio and TV stations which means if your music is getting played, you get paid.

The best bit is it’s free to sign up and just means you’ll be getting paid when a licensed business is playing your music! Services like this are how it should always be for artists.

Check out the link here where you can sign up for free and start getting paid for your work.


Related Posts