For anyone who digs on DJ tech, this is your second Christmas.
AKAI Professional were one of the big head-turners at NAMM 2016, introducing their wireless turntable, the BT-500.
The BT-500 is chock-full of cool features, catering to all types of DJ’s or leisurely vinyl listeners. One of my favourite’s is that it can be streamed to any speaker using bluetooth connectivity. It also has a USB port so it can be connected to any computer, and also record analog vinyls into digital files with its in-built software.
Pretty cool, huh?
A rep from AKAI stated that the BT-500 was made as an answer “to the rapidly growing demand for high-performance turntables in the resurgent vinyl market.”
The AKAI Pro BT-500 will set you back $399.99 when it becomes available. Peep the full feature list below.
BT-500 Turntable Features:
- Isolated DC motor and belt-drive system ensures silent operation
- Die-cast anti-resonance aluminum platter with heavy non-slip rubber mat
- Low-mass tonearm with precision damped cueing
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amp for use with powered speakers
- Streams music wirelessly to any Bluetooth speaker (speaker not inc’l)
- Converts vinyl records into digital files via USB connection to computer
- Selectable sampling rate: 44.1kHz or 48kHz
- 1/8” headphone jack; gold-plated RCA jacks for optimum signal transfer
- Unique leveling bubble and adjustable feet keeps unit perfectly level
- Heavy MDF base minimizes vibration to eliminate acoustic feedback
- Includes dual moving magnet cartridge and removable headshell
- 2-speeds: 33 1/3 and 45 RPM
- Includes 45 RPM adapter, USB cable, audio cable and AC adapter
- Luxurious walnut finish with brushed aluminum controls
Check out Rane’s new mixer they revealed at NAMM 2016 here.