It’s sad to report that the 23-year-old Victorian man who attended NSW festival Defqon has been confirmed to have passed away after ingesting three pills, with possibly more drugs in his body at the time.
An artist manager at the event told Fairfax that she believed she saw the festival goer and described him as appearing “conscious but deathly white and perspiring profusely”. The man was taken to Napean hospital where he was resuscitated by doctors but passed away later after going through several heart attacks.
Superintendent Bingham from NSW police stated on the issue of drugs at Defqon this year, “Some of the drugs that they may have taken over the weekend had an actual delayed effect, so with that delayed effect that may have caused them to think ‘this is not working, I’ll take another one, and I’ll take another one.’
The police are currently waiting for toxicology results and a report will be prepared for the Coroner. Majority of the drugs confiscated at the niche hard trance music festival had horse head logos on the packet.
What needs to be done to stop another tragedy like this?
source: Music Feeds