Spotify have shared Australia's 'Top 50 Workout Songs' giving us insight into the world of gym junkies and their listening tastes.
In short, it's about as horrible as it gets!
Riddled with plenty of RnB/Hip Hop crossovers, ridiculous pop songs and about every Top 40 Dance track of the last 12 months I understand why a bunch of people obsessed with body image have no real emotions/soul can listen to this pop dribble.
Dance Music (not sure they got that right) features heavily in the Top 50 with multiple entries for Swedish House Mafia, Calvin Harris and Avicii.
What do the boffins have to say about it? Sports psychologist Paul Penna is your man saying "Music can impact your mood, so listening to your favorite songs while exercising can inspire you to work harder and exercise for longer," he said.
"The lyrics can have a positive influence, while the beat of a song also encourages you to exercise to that rhythm so you may find yourself increasing pace more consistently than you would if you weren’t listening to any music."
Personally we'd be happy throwing on Justice's '†' record. Think you have something better? Drop it in the comments.
Spotify's Top 50 Workout Songs
1. Don’t You Worry Child (Radio Edit) [feat. John Martin], Swedish House Mafia
2.Thrift Shop feat. Wanz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
3. Sweet Nothing, Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch
4. She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) [feat. Sia], David Guetta
5. I Love It feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop
6. Diamonds, Rihanna
7. We’ll Be Coming Back, Calvin Harris feat. Example
8. Titanium feat. Sia, David Guetta
9. Ni**as in Paris, Jay-Z
10. Bangarang feat. Sirah, Skrillex
11. Not Giving In - feat. John Newman & Alex Clare [Radio Edit], Rudimental
12. Spectrum (Say My Name) - Calvin Harris Remix, Florence + The Machine
13. I Cry, Flo Rida
14. Silhouettes - Original Radio Edit, Avicii
15. Scream & Shout, will.i.am
16. Die Young, Ke$ha
17. Gangnam Style, Psy
18. Battle Scars - featuring Lupe Fiasco, Guy Sebastian
19. Greyhound, Swedish House Mafia
20. 'Till I Collapse, Eminem
21. Levels - Radio Edit, Avicii
22. Feel The Love - feat. John Newman, Rudimental
23. Locked Out Of Heaven, Bruno Mars
24. Play Hard - feat. Ne-Yo & Akon, David Guetta
25. Beauty And A Beat, Justin Bieber
26. Bom Bom - Radio Edit, Sam And The Womp
27. Stronger, Kanye West
28. Hall of Fame, The Script
29. We Found Love, Rihanna
30. Where Have You Been, Rihanna
31. Wild Ones - feat. Sia, Flo Rida
32. Feel So Close - Radio Edit, Calvin Harris
33. Call Me Maybe, Carly Rae Jepsen
34. Good Feeling, Flo Rida
35. One More Night, Maroon 5
36. Turn Up The Love, Far East Movement
37. Little Talks, Of Monsters And Men
38. Starships - Explicit Version, Nicki Minaj
39. Lose Yourself - Soundtrack Version (Explicit) Eminem
40. Clique, Jay Z
41. Turn Me On - feat. Nicki Minaj, David Guetta
42. Pound The Alarm, Nicki Minaj
43. Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself), Ne-Yo
44. Midnight City, M83
45. Don't Wake Me Up, Chris Brown
46. 212, Lazy Jay
47. Eye Of The Tiger, Survivor
48. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Taylor Swift
49. Good Time, Owl City
50. Sexy And I Know It, LMFAO