With the top rated party cruise setting sail this weekend we want to make sure you’re ready. Though only a few of you may have been lucky enough to grab tickets for the sold out rave boat, everyone has heard the wild stories of late nights at sea. Sold out for the first two years, if you aren’t heading on this one be sure to get your clickers ready for the 2014 sale. Stacked with a massive lineup, small crowd, and tropical drinks, this is one experience every dance fan needs to check out. After last year’s madness we thought we would give our take on what to expect and what not to sleep through. Make sure to stop by our best bets, and if you see us, say hello!
10. The Dreaded Lifeboat Drill – Everyone hates the silly drill, but we see it as a happy hour for what’s to come. Grab a drink and meet some of your fellow ravers on the high seas. Maybe you will catch a superstar Dj in their bright orange lifejacket.
9. Midnight Buffets – Traditionally cruises are the best place to get as fat as possible. We know you were saving for this trip for months and probably missed a couple of meals. Stock up for the rest of the winter and feast on pizza and cheezeburgers. Something will have to soak up all that acohol you will be consuming. Don’t worry about your beach bod, between the ship rocking and blurry vision no one will notice.
8. Coconut Drinks – What are the islands without a drink in a coconut? Plenty of spots in the Bahamas will have them so make sure to grab one and chill out a bit. Last year the capitan must have had one to many since he ran the boat aground, but hey, the party must go on.
7. Gina Turner’s Yoga – Your going to be up all night anyway to why not start the morning with salute to the sun. Get on the top deck and soak up the rays to kick your hangover. Luke’s girl has you covered and will keep you on the dancefloor all weekend long.
6. A-Trak’s Dj Lessons – Don’t deny that most of you try to be a Dj from time to time. Whether you’re getting gigs or not, chances are if you’re not behind the decks on this boat you could probably learn a bit. Why not catch some tips from the master himself, DMC champion A-Trak. This is a unique chance to get some pointers with only a handfull of students in attendance.
5. Express Yourself With Diplo – Ok ladies here is your chance. You know youve tweeted pictures from your bathroom but this is the real deal. With around 2000 fans on board, this is the closest you may get to Mr. Major Lazer. Get on that stage, put your feet up, and shake it in true Carribean style.
4. Lose Money In The Casino – For years you have been giving money to promoters and funding these Djs’ world tours. Here is your chance to win some back. You may never again have the option to sit and have a drink with your favorite Djs. This year Zedd will be hosting a poker tourney so stop by and grab some chips.
3. Get Drunk With Dillon Francis – This guy always has jokes, and on the ship he will be taking them to the course… the put put course. Possibly the most refined moment of Dillon’s life, he will lose the cats and pull out the clubs for his Single Malt Invitational. The whiskey will be flowing, but keep in mind this event is Bring Your Own Taco Bell.
2. Late Nights With DirtyBird – These San Francisco booty bouncers bring the heat big time. Justin Martin’s 5am sets have been known to draw big names to the dancefloor. The last step before sunrise is some funky bass. Be sure to catch these innovators on the decks.
1. Private Island Rave with Justice – Crystal clear water, cocaine white sand, and Djs playing atop a pirate ship. What more could you want? Seriously, it doesn’t get any better than this. Don’t sleep on this one and make sure to get out there as early as possible, this is a true paradise rave.
So for all you lucky party people who are boarding the boat, we can’t wait to see you out there. If we see you rocking some Stoney Gear we will definitely get you some drinks. If you’re not on the boat, let us in on your plans to stow away below.
If there’s any doubt in your mind about the sheer epicness of this cruise, trust in the words of Skrillex: